Sunday, September 28, 2008

Purpose

Goals are so difficult to undertake. They require so much commitment, time, and most importantly energy. It's very easy to create a goal, to list it out neatly. Eventually though you either lose sight of your goal or simply just give up. This isn't true for all goals but it's fair to say that this applies to most. In order to gain something you have to sacrifice something in return. Usually the sacrifice seems large at first but eventually you realize it really isn't and the gain is worth the climb.

Right now this is my mountain. This blog and the subsequent pursuits I've craved for so long are my goals. Of course, I'm aware that I have to start with one and work on it from there. So this blog is my first goal. Within these intangible pages I hope to imprint my personality. Within these words I hope I convey my hopes, fears, and dreams as clearly as remembering the taste of rain. I hope those who find this blog find it useful but honestly I just hope it helps me achieve what I've yet to achieve; my goals.

So, what better way is there than establishing my goals right here in this very blog. That being said my first goal is to write. I've enjoyed writing and have thought myself somewhat able in the art. The problem with me is I've never truly committed to it. Every time I've had an idea I've disregard it or have attempted to write it out but disregard it when the words don't flow as nicely as I'd like. This is self-defeating I know especially since I've been working on the same story since the sixth grade and so far I've only gotten as far as the introduction.
I hope that in writing this blog I will be able to commit my thoughts to words and in committing my thoughts to words also establish my ideas and continue writing my story. To me this is no easy task but it is one that I want to accomplish. I'm committing to this goal, my first goal, and I'm going to use this blog as my first step towards writing. So, wish me luck :) And welcome to my head. Oh, please don't mind the cob webs

No comments: