Tonight I'm finding it especially hard to write this blog entry. I mean when you really think about it, goals are basically habits. Like all habits you have to establish them or break them depending on the desired outcome. For me it's always been easy to start a habit or in this case a goal but it's always been a struggle to finish. I wonder what that says about me? Do goals reflect you character? I'd like to think so. I believe what you set out to do and accomplish defines you.
Goals are the stepping stones in life to what you desire. Think of goals as your compass. Whatever direction you want to go you just establish the goals that you feel will get you to your destination. Some goals can be as simple as "wanting to wake up ten minutes early to read the Newspaper before you go to work" while some can be as complex as "Earning fifty-thousand a year." My problem is I've always viewed a goal as somewhat of a chore, a means to an end. In other words I've always been concerned more with the outcome than the journey.
For me and for those of you who are following your goals it's important to keep this in mind. A goal is a road you travel on and along the way you may find yourself feeling uninspired or even suffering from temporary amnesia and not remembering why you decided on this goal in the first place. It's easier for me, for us, for everyone to just give in to laziness or to never even try for fear of failing. After all, how can you fail if you never try? But then the inevitable question is how can you say you've lived if you've never taken a chance in life? Never pursued something that you felt passionate about?
I can't be concerned with the outcome but only aware that today, tomorrow, and the following day are all small steps in the direction I want to take. If I keep this in mind, if you keep this in mind, you'll find that you feel less anxious about the task ahead and more at peace with the trail you've chosen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment